Facilities and Amenities
The Windsor Carlton is the perfect place to start your island adventure or to just relax and chill out. We are a two minute walk from Ventnor village centre with convenient road and bus links to any part of the island. For the more energetic there are many walking and hiking trails. Or follow one or more of the many cycling routes, we can arrange bike hire for you to be delivered to the Windsor Carlton when required.
Our guest drawing room is open all day to sit and relax, or on fine days you can sit and unwind in our cliff top garden with grass area, flower beds and trees.
- Internet access (wireless) in all bedrooms and public areas, – key given on request
- Guest lounge open during the day
- Beach towels available free of charge
- Bike hire arranged
- Picnic lunch hampers supplied
- Gift indulgences arranged for special occasions
- Car Ferry crossing arranged via ‘Wightlink’ or ‘Red funnel’
- Private car park in front of accommodation
- Adults only
- Non-smoking (throughout)
- Central heating during colder months – thermostats in all bedroom
- Gift vouchers
- All double rooms have DVD & CD playing televisions – so bring your favourite films and music
- Cliff top garden with views along the coastline to the headland of Steephill Cove
The breakfast room at the Windsor Carlton faces south with sea glimpses. A large bright room to sit and enjoy your breakfast cooked to order from our extensive award winning menu. The breakfast room is open from 8.15am. Cooked Breakfast orders are taken by your waitress between 8.30am and 9am. If you are in a rush you can place your breakfast order the evening before. An earlier breakfast is available by prior arrangement.
A few examples from our breakfast menu :
Traditional full English
Brioche French Toast with mixed Summer Fruits
Pancakes with blueberries and Maple Syrup
Bubble & Squeak Cheese rosti with Bacon and grilled Tomato
We like to use locally produced ingredients when available, in season and of a good quality. During high summer, breakfast tomatoes are home grown from our cliff top garden. We only use free range eggs. We are happy to adapt any dish to vegetarian taste – please advise your waitress of any dietary requirements.
Here in Ventnor we are fortunate to have a large variety of places to eat out and enjoy a meal, at a range of prices. Within a few minutes walk from the Windsor Carlton there is a Michelin starred restaurant at the Hambrough with Robert Thompson, a 2 AA rosettes restaurant at the Royal Hotel, to an authentic Spanish restaurant El toro Contento, and a new modern style restaurant Phileas Fogg. There are also a number of pubs offering traditional style pub dining. Whatever your taste Ventnor can offer a choice.
- Beach nearby
- Beach nearby
- Fine dining
- Nature trail
- Lizard walk
- Cafés & Bars
- Internet connection (wireless)