During September The Windsor Carlton, with Alexandra Gardens, opens to the public with no admission fee, as part of the English Heritage Open Heritage Days.
You can find out more about:
- How both the owner and builder got into financial difficulties during the building of the houses which was to have a profound effect on their future.
- Where exactly the mill stood and about the disastrous fire of 7th March 1848.
- The unusual role of number 4 running up to World War II
- Stories and antidotes of the people who lived and worked in the street over the decades.
- Sir Edward Elgar’s honeymoon in number 3
- How generations of holidaymakers have fond memories of the street.
- And much more
In 2011 we will be open for tours on Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th September from 1pm to 5pm. Our small tea room will be open for cream teas and cakes, and weather permitting, our private cliff-top garden will also be available for you to sit and take in the stunning views along Ventnor Bay and beach.